Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Interview with ABS-CBN Dagupan

I thought I was late to come to my very first 'real' job-like interview. The call time is at 10 in the morning and I already planned to leave the house at 9:30. But after I enjoyed surfing the net by 9, I rushed everything. Took a bath, wore a maroon-colored long sleeves, pants, shoes; fixed my hair, and was so happy for my best friend Richard Ace was already there. He is like my best friend, teammate, personal guard, driver- all packed in one. I am super blessed I have such a friend.

He drove my car for I was really in a hurry. Re-fixed my hair, applied some make-up (as what our BC 104 class instilled in me the help of make up), prayed, and made some petty talks with Ace.

I met another candidate, his name is John Paul he said he is called JP. He is from UP Baguio, an incoming junior, too. But his student number is 07. He was fine. Dressed way opposite from my outwear. We jived easily because he is not hard to be cool with immediately.

The security guard told us that the interview venue is the building in front of the studio building of ABS-CBN Dagupan. I asked JP how was the professor there, because I do miss them. I explained to him that I used to be in UP Baguio but then transferred to Diliman. He is kind of funny remarking, "Nakakahiya namang tumabi sa iyo."

We entered the building and saw an office. The warm smile of Ma'am Grace welcomed us. I saw the clock and it is 10 in the morning exact. I was really amazed at her beauty, swear.

She told us that whoever came first will be the first to be interviewed. So JP came first, I thought that was fine for me to take some rest and hear also the questions being asked to JP. But after a few minutes, Lara, a Mass Comm student at the Colegio de Dagupan or CDD, came in. I approached her immediately and offered a warm smile. She replied just the same. She is a lesbian. She is cool, we thought of couldn't MOR just get the three of us and put us in one radio program.

JP came out with relief on his face. I got so excited that I came in immediately inside the room. Ma'am Grace is so beautiful. She first read my cover letter. I forgot the first question and the other questions she asked. Some questions that I can still recall are the following:

1. What made me apply as a student DJ.
2. Why did I take up Broad Comm.
3. What's the occupation of my parents.
4. My future plans

(I am sorry I already forgot the other questions.)


She also said that she listened to my recorded audition voice and she commented on the following.
1. My Diction
2. Proper pronunciation

I said my thanks for her comments and said that I am very much willing to learn more.

I forgot the question she asked that made me answer about my passion, love, desire, and enjoyment with the media and the learning.

Before I leave the room she said that those are the characteristics they need from a candidate. The desire and passion of work.

She said that DJ Makky will be the one to orient us on the operationalization of the radio studio. She will also be the one to assist us on some technicalities.

I asked myself, why is she saying this, am I in? And then she said, "welcome to ABS-CBN" jsut before we end the interview.

What does that mean?

Am I in as MOR Dagupan's student DJ?

No comments:

Post a Comment