Monday, May 24, 2010

Classes in UP Diliman, moved

I was assuming it was true since my friend Reinalyn texted me that she saw from inquirer.net that the classes in UP Diliman was moved from June 9 to June 16.

I immediately checked the website and search "UP Diliman opening of classes" on the Google search engine at the same website.

I was happy for it was really moved on June 16 since I only read the headline of the news story. 




MANILA, Philippines -- The University of the Philippines in Diliman has postponed the opening of its classes by a week following an advisory from the Commission on Higher Education to delay the opening of classes to June 15.
In a phone interview, Cristina Hidalgo, vice president for public affairs, confirmed that the opening of classes in the Diliman campus has been moved to June 16 from its original June 9 date.
“We are following the CHED directive postponing classes by a week and all chancellors have been informed,” she said.
Hidalgo said Diliman chancellor Sergio Cao made the announcement on Saturday.
“UPD start of classes moved to June 16 in view of extension of registration, and the Department of Health Advisory on A(H1N1). Adjustment in academic calendar to follow,” said a text message on the U.P. Diliman website.
The freshman assembly, Hidalgo added, has been postponed indefinitely. (SOURCE)

Then Reinalyn texted again saying that is is not moved. She did not state the reason. So I checked the date when the article was published. I felt betrayed by the information and my smile turned into not-so-fun smirk. 

The article was dated JUNE 6, 2009 .

No comments:

Post a Comment