Friday, May 28, 2010

INC experience

Yesterday at around 6 in the evening dad told me that the Iglesia Ni Cristo invited him and all of the line-up who were chosen by the church as their bet in May 2010 elections in our town, so he asked me to come with him and with my cousins Miko and Charmaine. 


I texted my two best friends who are INC members. Floyd and Jayvee. I asked them what to expect in that event, and Floyd replied that it's just a bible study. I asked him what to wear and he said polo, slux pants, and leather shoes. So those were the things that I wore. 


We went in the newly-built church located at Nibaliw, Mangaldan. I feel astonished as I entered the church. Everything new, even the people who assist the guests were all in white long sleeves and in baro at saya or terno. It's so formal.


It was so holy inside. We entered five minutes to seven in the evening. We waited for 15 minutes and then the choir started to sing. It was so holy until the pastor spoke with a big voice that I thought can only be heard on AM radios. 


They called the event, "Pamamahayag."  At first I already know that we were asked to attend the event because they wanted us to invite in their religion. The pastor gave the message directly, though at first you already know that he is pertaining you to transfer from your religion to theirs.


I cannot say any negative things about that religion because you cannot see any negative practice that they have. I cannot help but to compare my religion which is the Roman Catholic church to them. I told my dad about their rituals, it was kind of boring for me. But dad said that they what we attended was sort of an invitation program and we we were not shown their ritual of a normal church day. 


My dad said that it is nice to listen at their teachings. He added that people in that church are low-profile and they are equally treated. That was also what I observed from yesterday's visit to INC.


It was my first time to see how INC conducts their ritual/ teachings and it was great! I am hoping to attend to their church again. Though of course, not leaving RC behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment