Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The lady behind Cornetto’s tugs-tugs and the future lawyer

          The brand manager of Unilever’s Cornetto Miss Gina Madrid talked about business planning in a multinational environment, wherein I learned a lot especially the techniques in proper planning. I was amazed on what she shared that there should be only one kind of brand in a regional or global level. She cited Dove as an example wherein the Dove in the Philippines should be the same Dove in India it is because, according to Miss Madrid, it is a good impact to the brand since most of the consumer are from the same region and people are not that so different from each other.
                Miss Madrid also said that your business strategy should never change in three years and that it should not keep changing. I just thought now what if the environment changed, wouldn’t the company adapt its business strategy on the change in the environment or will it just stick on its original strategy?
I also liked the message that Miss Madrid shared to class, “On planning, you have to cascade and inspire, excite your people. A person who is inspired will go beyond the implementation.” I totally agree to her because inspiring your teammates and encouraging them to think big is really effective. I have experienced this before and is still doing it now especially in my organizations in school. Sometimes, I buy food during the planning session so that everyone can really think effectively without being hungry as we make important plans.
On 2013, I will be a freshman law student in the most prestigious law school in the country. Wherein great lawyers are trained and taught. I believe that knowing the ins and outs of the legal world can really be of an advantage- advantage in a way that you can help people achieve justice. And to be a future lawyer, I have to use the SWOT Analysis to help me know myself more.
I am good at writing and public speaking which are said to be one of the vital foundations of being a lawyer- knowing how to write resolutions and cases, at the same time knows how to speak well enough to be able to defend his client in court rooms.
Though, I am not that so good in memorizing and solving Mathematical problems. These two waterloos of mine are undeniably two of the basics in the legal world- knowing how to memorize acts and laws, and knowing how to think logically. I still believe I can develop these skills of mine.
I consider my courses that I am currently taking and the ones that I already took during the first two years of my college life as my opportunities, since I am trained on the basic skills I need to prepare myself and hopefully to become a great lawyer defending the people and giving them the justice they deserve.
The threats that I believe I have as of the moment are the people who are trained and majored in Political Science, Economics, and History; since these courses are the ones that really prepare students in becoming a law practitioner. 


First published as a class requirement 
in BA 101 under Prof. Nicko Falcis
1st Semester, 2010-2011, UP Diliman

No comments:

Post a Comment