Thursday, July 13, 2017

Dad's in a better place now

He stayed the same way from the last time I saw him and from the last time we went to the mall together. He was strong and care-free.

One of the meeting de avanses my dad
attended during his last campaign in
2016. This was one his
remaining days alive,
being with our kabaleyans.

The scenario started inside the mall. My mom and I together with my dad were doing our grocery together. As usual, he goes on his own picking various items while I push the grocery cart together with my mom. When mom asked about his whereabouts, I told her that he was buying various tools for his cars. He was wearing his usual shirt and shorts with rubber shoes.

GOING HOME. The second scene when I was driving my mom going home using a motorcyle while my dad decided to drive the van with our groceries. We were stocked in traffic so we decided to go back to dad and ride the van.

STAYING FOR GOOD. The next scene was inside a house I've never seen before. It was like a rest house near the beach. Dad was there. We were convincing him to go home with us. He refused. He said that he has already made his promise to stay in the said house. I told him that he was unfair. I told him he should also take care of his grandchildren the way he took care of my sister's children. He smiled. 

For the first time this year, I dreamt about daddy. He talked to me in that dream.

I woke up sobbing. I never expected that dad will be in my dream, more than a year after his death. 

If there is a message out of this dream that would be his assurance that he is in a better place now. He remains to be in my heart and will always be.

My dad carrying my eldest daughter
 Lyrin during our last Christmas together
 in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment