Monday, March 7, 2011

Copyrighted Oble

          I just found out from my New Media Class through my classmate Jervis that the UP Oblation is now copyrighted by the Quezon Hall Administration. I do not know when this started but even my classmate Jamay said that their sorority  was asked to pay 12,500 pesos for the Oblation they used in their Powercards and that they were not allow to make derivatives from the oblation.

        Maybe it's the answer of the UP Administration to protect the identity of the University from many shirt makers that use the famous icon and also to protect it from grim marketing strategies by other people outside the University;  however, I find it ironic because the oblation per se is an icon of freedom but how come students can't even take photos with the famous UP icon?!

No comments:

Post a Comment