Wednesday, August 3, 2011

It's my roommate's birthday

Marco. Yes, that's his name. He used to be my dorm mate, too in Ipil Residence Hall last year. He was one of my respondents in a consumer research I did for my advertising class. I found him snobbish and that I won't mind him whenever he passes by our corridor. But I found him a very fashionable person- someone who can grab your attention just by his outfit.

This year, I must admit I was surprised that he is my room mate upon knowing my room. It was awkward, I must say that he is my room mate with the fact that I snob him at Ipil sometimes because I know he is also snobbish back then, but he welcomed me with a big smile here in our room. Now, I am blogging not on our encounter as roommates but today on his very special day- his birthday!

Marco and me on our wacky pose taken early this night.

Last night, I ordered two items at Bochi I thought that it's the easy way to get a thing for him for his birthday at exactly 12 midnight. So I waited until it was 12 and then greeted him. He said thank you. Then after a few seconds I handed him my simple gift- a Bogchi food box with a post-it above the box with "Happy 19th Birthday Marco!." I saw that he was happy, and I was happy seeing people happy. I thank God for allowing me make people happy. Anyway, he said "wow naman, thank you." I cannot count the times he said thank you last night.  
  
Tonight, I was surprised upon seeing a Banapple Cake on my table. He gave it to me. I smiled and thanked him. I grabbed my camera and took a photo of us to show my girlfriend Lyle and also took a photo of the cake (to be posted, soon). The taste of the cake was really great! I am still eating it now and it is really great! Now I feel shy with the gift I gave him last night with this. Anyway, what matters is that I remebered his special day, right? :)

So to my roommate Marco, cheers! It is our common age, 19!

No comments:

Post a Comment