Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Marriage and the State

I have learned that there is really a relationship between two different institutions, the State and marriage. Kuya Toff, a senior Juris Doctor student at UP College of Law said in his response in his Facebook status that:


We have to also consider that marriage is an institution that the State has the interest to protect. Imagine how it could be if anyone could just claim the existence of such relation and nobody would have an actionable right against those who cannot show proof thereof kasi hindi naman required.

I thought at first that marriage is a private institution and that the State need not impose police power on it. However, I was wrong. Kuya Toff pointed out, also stated in his above statement, that it could be troublesome should there be no intrusion from the State.

This really invited more curiosity for me to the Law. This may be connected to the previous experience that Lyle and I have during the Moot Court trial at the College of Law (will blog about our experience soon). Yes, I will study Law but not after graduation, maybe after two years or so. I will become a lawyer, by God's grace and blessing, but maybe not now, not yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment