Thursday, June 30, 2011

On 'Plain Language Act'

I read the news yesterday at the frontpage of the Philippine Daily Inquirer that Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago is pushing the Senate Bill 1859 or the the 'Plain Language Act' which, according to the report will enable the government to "communicate information to a broader range of recipients in terms if educational capacity." 


Being a communication student, I agree and believe that this Senate Bill must be enacted into law for the benefit of the more people to fully grasp in plain language what the government is telling them. With this bill I believe and I agree with Senator Miriam, that the government will be able to have better and faster services for the people- which is I think very much needed especially in some agencies of the government.


Anyway, I am thankful for the internship program at Weber Shandwick because I am exposed to all newspapers in the National Capital Region whether it be broadsheet or tabloid.

No comments:

Post a Comment