Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Reasons for not blogging

You can throw whatever negative adjectives to me right now. I deserve none of your positive insights about me maintaining a blog site. Maybe, you can judge me with such words if you are in my situation right now. Well, I will just narrate some of the reasons why some students, such as me, do not go online or do not write an entry on their blog site. Although I have to admit I am active in other social networking sites but blogging? Oh, forget it. I have my reasons.

Season. I though of this first reason because of summer season! I believe that someone needs to take a break in a while from his or her online world to have a breathe in the real world. The film Inception has really gotten into me and that I think we need to prioritize more reality than the thought-of-imagination-like world and in this case, the Internet. We need to have time with friends, family, and the people who has been with us even before we find ourselves in front of a monitor and doing whatever things that can make you escape reality. And I need to admit, I've been enjoying the real world, even without sharing those experiences online, on my blog site.

Challenge. You may call it challenge or a game. Have you ever tried this before- challenging yourself and pushing your limits to something that is connected with your behavior and web usage? Yes, you can think of Facebook usage in here. When you badly need to focus on your academics but you cannot help to loose your network? That's my second reason for not blogging for almost a week now. Now the added challenge is suffocating the ideas on my mind and I needed to control and challenge myself to keep it on myself.

Privacy. I know this reason defeats the main purpose of blogging which is I think sharing and expressing one's self to its readers and to public who have an access to their blog site in general. Just like the reason before this, I wanted to challenge myself in keeping myself private. Funny? I don't think so. Maybe it's just that sometimes, you needed to inhibit yourself too much of public exposure for you to be refrained to many stupid talks. Also, it's about protecting your reputation and dignity, if ever you have such. Now that's funny.

Activities. In connection to the first reason, whenever schoolbreaks enter the scene, it's much better to indulge into a lot of physical activities or simply, outdoor fun! Since I gained a lot of weight in the previous semesters that have passed, I badly need to connect myself to physically challenging activities. I know you might think what activities are applicable to me? Well, I walk a lot, and travel a lot. And upon coming home I tiredly, I'd rather choose to just lay down and take a rest than to post entries.

Those are some of the reasons why my blog site have been so trashy for the last days since I hardly post entries. A lot of ideas and a lot of experiences are about to explode in this site so thank you for checking this regularly. Now tell me, do we share common reasons? Post your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment