Sunday, September 12, 2010

UP Pep Squad = CHAMPION

I had so much fun cheering for the UP Pep. 
At first I thought the defending champion can still fight for their crown, but after seeing the UP Pep performed, I have had a second thought on my primary assumption. Well, UP have the most creative concept and theme, the fastest moves yet they still managed to be so synchronized, the pyramids were great, too!

The UST Salinggawi was good, so as the FEU Pep Squad. What made me love the people from the UST crowd was that they even shouted "UP! UP! UP!" as everyone waited for the announcement of results. Super thank you guys! According to my professor, Ma'am Data, some even built their baloons in 'U-P' form. I was so touched. 

Standing for the entire show was so hard but seeing all of these performances, it was worth every pain. Especially knowing in the end that your school's team is the Champion. I really appreciate the UP pep Squad for making different types and kinds of 'Iskolar ng Bayan' to unite and cheer for one school.

SCHOOL GIMMICKS. I enjoyed looking at different colors at the Big Dome. Looking at the different gimmicks of different schools, I can't help but to smile. I find the shirt-styled campaign of UST a good marketing strategy and a good advertising technique. Though I did not really appreciate the text therein.  UST's team had a lot of hotdog-like balloons prepared for their attendees. FEU had handkerchief-like cloth wrapped on the different parts of their top body but most of the stuff I saw was on around their forehead- yes, like on the logo of the UE Warriors. 
Of course, our campaign 'Take it off for UP Pep' was also spectacular. Knowing senior people located at the patron side who took their maroon top over their white shirts is overwhelming. Though a lot was also not able to take their maroon top off and their reasons, based on the ambush interview I did after the competition was that: first, their area was so stiff; and second, they are at the different school side, though my professor who was at the side of the National University took her maroon shirt off!  

The "Take it off for UP Pep" campaign is still a success even if only a few did participate in the campaign, though, the fact that some people participated in the campaign makes it successful. So on behalf of our class, super thank you for joining and supporting the UP Pep Squad! Wait for the release of the new video in our Facebook fanpage

I am happy by the fact that even if the UP Fighting Maroons did not manage to win even a single game wherein they ended at 0-14, everything is still balanced as the UP Pep Squad wins victoriously as this year's UAAP CDC CHAMPION. 

No comments:

Post a Comment