Thursday, January 26, 2012

"Speech Impediment"

I hate today's afternoon. My Broadcast Ethics class professor Atty. Avecilla emphasized that I have a speech impediment. I really do not think that it is an impediment.  Although, I really appreciate his concern, eventhough it caused my classmates to do an acad thing as my punishment.

My girlfriend, a speech communication major, believes that it is not a speech defect. I think it is just an excuse for me to think and that it is not a defect. However, I understand his point that being a communication major myself and coming from the University of the Philippines Diliman, I must be a perfect communicator, as what he always emphasizes in class: we being UP students must be perfect, if not be the best in our fields.

The lesson this afternoon is to prepare yourself for the real world, because you are already tagged with your university's name, for us we're tagged with U.P., the National University of the country, the most prestigious tertiary institution in the country, and that we must not let the taxes of the people be wasted for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment