Tuesday, October 10, 2017

First thing I did in the US


I often pray, but I have to confess that I do not go to the church every Sunday. Being religious has always been associated with us Filipinos. Aside from our rich history which shows the deep connection with the religion, it has also become tied with our rich culture. 

Photo of St. Patrick's Parish in Washington DC which I took on Sunday.

On Sunday here at the Unites States, I attended the 8 o'clock mass at Saint Patrick's Parish, located at Washington DC together with my Filipino colleagues Renne, Ben, and L.A. The church was built in 1792. It's the nearest church from our hotel approximately 35-minute walk, so we decided to attend first thing in the morning.

The marker in front the parish.

The parish was solemn and there were only a few who have attended the said mass as compared to the devotees who flock the church in the Philippines on Sundays.

Photo from Councilor L.A. Ruanto's Facebook page.


It's unusual to see a little number of people who attended the said mass. Way back in the Philippines, churches are often full-packed. You can barely seat during Sunday mass especially in the morning and late afternoon mass. But this place offers a solemn venue to reflect and to connect with God.

Photo from Councilor L.A. Ruanto's Facebook page.


With presiding priest Father John. 
Before jumping into busy and productive schedule including series of meeting here at the United States for my fellowship, I believe that I am prepared for whatever learning experience and even challenges which I am about to gain here because I did what I should do first. 

To my friends and family back home, I ask that you pray for all the fellows from 42 countries participating in this professional fellowship program that we may be safe in our various fellowship placements here in the US and that we may be instruments to glorify His name. #




1 comment:

  1. Keep moving forward @konsialdrin! Your daddy Kap Fredi is proud of you. Godbless!

    ReplyDelete