Saturday, August 3, 2013

Being a news reporter

Four months. This is how long I have been in the broadcast industry as a news reporter in ABS-CBN's Regional Network Group Dagupan. I started in May this year and I am enjoying searching for the hottest and latest news and current events in North Central Luzon. Aside from the fact that you witness history unfold as it happens, you also get the chance to meet new people from different walks of life.

My most unforgettable news athering week so far is my night patrol duty. When I was tasked to roam around different polica stations at night for our morning news program, Bagong Umaga Bagong Balita, and of course for TV Patrol.

I believe that being a broadcast journalist is also being a public servant. This is because you mainly serve the people, and that you are obliged to give them news and information that they need. And that you to ensure that the news is balanced, fair, and objective.




"Kasama ang principal, ilang guro, at ilang estudyante ng isa sa mga Eco-friendly
na paaralan sa buong Region One, ang Carael Elementary School." 

No comments:

Post a Comment